This module implements the serial commands supported by the Celestron NexStar hand control. This applies to the NexStar GPS, NexStar GPS-SA, NexStar iSeries, NexStar SE Series, NexStar GT, CPC, SLT, Advanced-VX, Advanced-GT, and CGE mounts.
Communication to the hand control is 9600 bits/sec, no parity and one stop bit via the RS-232 port on the base of the hand control.
For extended example how to use this perl module look in to the distribution folder for nexstarctl.pl. This program is a complete console tool to control NexStar telesctopes based on NexStarCtl module.
To control network based telescopes nexbridge must be used on the remote site.
- Can control network exported mounts with nexbridge
- nexstarctl - console tool to illustrate how to use the library and control your telescope
- All published NexStar commands are supported
- Record / Play PEC data
- Download / uplod PEC data from/to the mount
- Set / Get mount backlash settings
- Set / Get autoguide rate
- Some AUX commands are supported since v.0.10
- Both Equatorial and Alt/Az mounts are supported
- Coordinates can be converted to the current epoch
- Works with Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD, Solaris and Windows
Be the first to post a review of NexStarCtl!