Global optimal sequence alignment using the Needleman-Wunsch algorithm.
Aligns DNA, RNA, protein sequence and more!
See our sister project local alignment using Smith-Waterman:
- Affine gap penalties
- Can set no gap penalty for gaps at the beginning and end of alignments
- Coloured ouput
- Reads FASTA, FASTQ and plain sequence files (inc. gzip'ed files)
- Preset DNA/Protein substitution matrices (PAM/BLOSUM etc)
- Can load substitution penalty matrices
- Portable C code that can be used in other bioinformatics projects
Be the first to post a review of NeedlemanWunsch!