The NCID (Network Caller ID) project is Caller ID (CID) distributed over a network. The project contains the NCID package and 4 optional client packages. Each package is described at the NCID web site. A non-inclusive list of 3rd party addons is also available at the web site
NCID - contains the server, gateways, and a client with output modules
LCDncid - a client that uses LCDproc to display Caller ID on a LCD display
NCIDandroid - a client and gateway combination for Android devices
NCIDdisplay - a homebrew client that displays on large LED modules
NCIDpop - a popup client for Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Supports gateways, devices, and a modem for Caller ID
- Supports name and number aliases for calls
- Supports messages from clients and gateways
- Auto hangup on calls in the blacklist but not in the whitelist
- Supports phones, tablets, and devices that use Android or iOS
- Multiple clients are permitted and expected
- The ncid client supports output modules to add features
- Does not require a landline with a Android phone using NCIDandroid
Very cool to be able to block annoying callers. The volunteer support here is superior to most paid applications. The only significant difficulty comes from the fact modems are all over the place with compatibility.
Running this server on a Raspberry Pi. It's great. Love the blacklist feature. Excellent support too. Roule le serveur sur un Raspberry Pi. C'est génial. Adore la liste d'exclusion. Le support est en plus excellent. Keep up your great job John and thank you.
I'm using this software for many years. It's an excellent software. Incredible support. Continue de good work!
Excellent project and well supported by author.