This module provides a forked version of the JSF Pages from Entity Classes wizard inside NetBeans but produces PrimeFaces JSF pages with page layout, menu and dialog boxes. The page style is inspired by Emre Simtay's blog "Simple CRUD Web Application with JSF 2.1, PrimeFaces 3.5, Maven and JPA".
- Full CRUD operations for PrimeFaces UI framework
- Entity Relationship Navigation (go to parent or children pages)
- PrimeFaces Mobile support (Version 0.28+ for PF 5.0+)
- Full menu navigation based on Entity names
- Segregated include files per entity and function
- Context Menus
- Separate Controller and Converter classes
- CDI Support
- @ViewAccessScoped support (Apache MyFaces/Deltaspike CDI Extension)
- @ViewScoped support for JSF 2.2+
- Composite key support
- Proper Many-To-Many support
- Proper Composite Key support
- Tested with Glassfish, Apache TomEE and WildFly (each with their own "Quirks")
Good job here!
After easy recompilation it works under NetBeans IDE 8.0.1. I have quickly made application for WebLogic 22.214.171.124.0 (JSF 2.1). To work with JSF2.1 you need switch off Enable Contexts and Dependecy Injector. Your generator is easier then NetBeans generator. Thanks
Excellent attempt at a crud generator for PrimeFaces. It has saved me a couple of hundred hours when generating a simple CRUD and reporting utility for a project recently. Some minor tweaks that could be done to bring it to outstanding.
This is a really great addon but I have found one problem: 1. The modal dialog windows for the Edit buttons fail to update. No validation messages are displayed even when disabling the auto-close on Save, and including the <p:messages /> tag. It seems like the abstract controller method is never called - which makes me think its failing validation. I have encountered this problem with every app I have generated with the pf crud generator - so I always have to convert the dialog windows into regular .xhtml pages.