NEW: 3.0 beta is now available! Go to Files to download it. Feedback and updated translations needed. Visit the discussion forums for details.
NAPS2 is a document scanning application with a focus on simplicity and ease of use. Scan your documents from WIA- and TWAIN-compatible scanners, organize the pages as you like, and save them as PDF, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, and other file formats. Requires .NET Framework 4.0 or higher.
NAPS2 is currently available in 14 different languages. Want to see NAPS2 in your preferred language? Help translate! See the wiki for more details.
This is a fork of the NAPS project with many bug fixes and other improvements.
- Scan documents using WIA- and TWAIN-compatible scanners
- Scan as many pages as you like from glass or ADF, including duplex support
- Rotate, flip, remove, and rearrange scanned pages
- Save as PDF, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, or other file formats
- Directly email PDFs
- Configure brightness, contrast, resolution, and other scan options
- Save your configurations as profiles to be easily reused later
- Optional command-line interface (CLI) for automation and scripting
- MSI installer and application-level configuration available for group policy (GPO) deployment
- Portable/standalone archives available
- Translations: English, Català, Čeština, Dansk, Deutsch, Español, Français, Italiano, Polski, Русский язык, Українська, עברית
- Small download (<1MB)
just fantastic ... focused on what it is supposed to do. great job, well done thx
Sorry for previous post (deleted already)...
Just starting with NAPS2 beta3 and loving it sofar. The profiles are great and it's fast and easy to use.
Awesome, man! This is an app I have been waiting for for years! Just a simple plain PDF scanner. Thanks a lot !
Thank you for creating this application. My Canon 5770 all-in-one printer suddenly stopped being able to scan from the canon software after a software update. NAPS2 was very user friendly and worked perfectly. It was very easy to use - as most software should be. I would highly recommend it to others. My only feedback: Why can't I pick DPI for TWAIN? Is it because of the type of driver?