NAPS2 has a new home page! Visit www.naps2.com.
NAPS2 is a document scanning application with a focus on simplicity and ease of use. Scan your documents from WIA- and TWAIN-compatible scanners, organize the pages as you like, and save them as PDF, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, and other file formats. Requires .NET Framework 4.0 or higher.
NAPS2 is currently available in over 20 different languages. Want to see NAPS2 in your preferred language? Help translate! See the wiki for more details.
This is a fork of the NAPS project with many improvements.
- Scan documents using WIA- and TWAIN-compatible scanners
- Scan as many pages as you like from glass or ADF, including duplex support
- Rotate, crop, and rearrange scanned pages
- Save as PDF, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, or other file formats
- Directly email PDFs
- Use OCR to make PDFs searchable
- Configure brightness, contrast, resolution, and other scan options
- Save your configurations as profiles to be easily reused later
- Optional command-line interface (CLI) for automation and scripting
- MSI installer and application-level configuration available for group policy (GPO) deployment
- Portable archives available
- Translations: English, Català, Čeština, Dansk, Deutsch, Español, Français, Hrvatski, Italiano, Magyar, Nederlands, Polski, Português, Русский язык, Shqip, Svenska, Türkçe, Українська, 台語 台灣話, עברית
- Small download (1MB)
Boring about OEM scan tools with my printers (HP=IRIS, Brother=PaperPort, ...), I've found this nice tool on source-forge. It lakes some tiny adjustement (white balance, better rotation, better OCR) but it's far better than all these OEM crappy applications : NAPS2 is light, easy to configure and use, able to sort page and create PDF... it's a must have !!! Even my wife use it. It can scan from ADF or flat glass, it has luminosity and contrast settings, it's able to rotate (with 0.5° angular), it can crop... OCR isn't so good than PDF X-Change Viewer Free (I use it after scanning with NAPS2) but the result is good enough for backup papers on harddrive. Version 22.214.171.124956.
Down loaded NAPS2 (126.96.36.19963) because I could not find my CD for HP 6520 Printer Scanner. NAPS2 has some features I wish the HP program had...especially being able rearrange pages after scanning and saving scanning profiles for frequently used setting…i.e. I can save a profile for text scans, color scans, gray scale, etc. I can also combine color scans with gray scale into one PDF file. I am going to continue to evaluate, but right now it appears to be a great alternative to comercial scanner applications. I am using Windows 8.1 PRO / NAPS2 (188.8.131.5263) / HP 6520
Batch saving single files would be a nice feature. Will be perfect, if the software could recognize Patch Code Separator, to separate document automatically.
Great SCANNING SOFTWARE and (!) it's FREE! Better that many other software products that are added to the hardware (from vendor). Easy to handle, nice and clear front end. For me it is running under Windows 8.1, with a HP N6350 network scanner. support is fantastic, I had a ticket opened (for beta version) the issue was solved within a day and the solution (just additional error handling) went into the next version.Version 4 now seems to be a very stable and full featured software. Simply FANTASTIC. Many thanks to the developers.