NAPS2 is a document scanning application with a focus on simplicity and ease of use. Scan your documents from WIA- and TWAIN-compatible scanners, organize the pages as you like, and save them as PDF, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, and other file formats. Requires .NET Framework 4.0 or higher.
NAPS2 is currently available in 14 different languages. Want to see NAPS2 in your preferred language? Help translate! See the wiki for more details.
This is a fork of the NAPS project with many bug fixes and other improvements.
- Scan documents using WIA- and TWAIN-compatible scanners
- Scan as many pages as you like from glass or ADF, including duplex support
- Rotate, flip, remove, and rearrange scanned pages
- Save as PDF, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, or other file formats
- Directly email PDFs
- Configure brightness, contrast, resolution, and other scan options
- Save your configurations as profiles to be easily reused later
- Optional command-line interface (CLI) for automation and scripting
- MSI installer and application-level configuration available for group policy (GPO) deployment
- Portable/standalone archives available
- Translations: English, Català, Čeština, Dansk, Deutsch, Español, Français, Italiano, Polski, Русский язык, Українська, עברית
- Small download (<1MB)
Great application. Used it several times now since recently downloading it. I genuinely appreciate the straightforward simplicity. I can now uninstall several other bloated apps... The only improvement I would suggest is the ability to save individual pages as separate files rather than assuming all scanned images need to be combined (e.g., PDF). Keep up the good work!
Beautiful lightweight easy to use program to scan directly to a file. The first time you start the program you just have to create a profile where you select the scanner and options. After this you can create a shortcut to "C:\Program Files\NAPS2\NAPS2.Console.exe" -o "%USERPROFILE%\Bureaublad\scan.pdf" -f to automatically start scanning to a PDF on the desktop. Maybe it would be nice if this feature was installed with the program already!
After struggling with windows fax and scan and searching for a good freeware solution as a replacement, I found this simple but really great tool. Thanks for this solution.
This product did exactly what I hoped for and was easy to download and execute. It saw my Samsung laser printer easily and for me was very user friendly. I scanned multiple page pdfs fairly simply. I am glad I found this NAPS2 program because it was straightforward and accomplished what I needed.
This is a great scanner solution. It worked perfect with my Epson V100 scanner. The only feature it needs is a crop tool.