The world's most popular open source database.
MySQL is a well-known relational database manager used in a wide variety of systems, including Twitter, Wikipedia, Facebook, Google, Wordpress, and countless more websites and other applications. Offering a wide range of features and highly scalable performance, MySQL is a good choice for any situation requiring a database.
- Cross-platform support.
- Stored procedures, allowing you to centralize SQL calls.
- Triggers, allowing automatic responses to different actions.
- Cursors, allowing easy traversal over database records.
- True Varchar support.
- X/Open XA distributed transaction processing support (with two phase commit as a part) using Oracles InnoDB engine.
- Independent storage engines.
- SSL support.
- Query caching.
- Sub SELECTS.
- Replication support with one master per slave, many slaves per master. No automatic support for multiple masters per slave.
- Full text indexing and searching with MyISAM engine.
- Embedded database library.
- Partial Unicode support.
- ACID compliance when using transaction capable storage engines.
- Partitioned tables with pruning of partitions in optimizer.
- Shared-nothing clustering through MySQL Cluster.
- Hot backup under certain conditions.
- Multiple storage engines, allowing developers to choose one that is most effective for each table in the application.
- Commit grouping, gathering multiple transactions together to increase the number of transactions per second.
great program all around, only complaint, just wish it had some sort of quick lil getting started guide, considering thats my only complaint, always have this installed on my comp.
Best ever DB!
mysql.mirror is fast and easy to use
Wonderful. Share a website with you , ( /www.ccmalls.net/ ) Believe you will love it. We accept any form of payment.
mysql kicks ass.
Impressible project - more powerful than most commercial solutions. Incredible powerful and flexible. Saved me countless hours.