MyLogon provides a simple, intuitive method for a desktop computer to connect to a fileserver on an internal network and establish shares as additional drive letters - the approach preferred by most users.
Mainly aimed at small business sites, it offers a less labor-intensive setup process than the Active Directory or Roaming Profiles, but better security and access-control than Workgroup configurations.
Suitable for use with Windows or Linux servers.
* Please note that this a tool for local area networks. It is NOT a startup-screen customizer or Internet remote-control app, as some downloaders seem to think. If you do not have a LAN then it is probably not of interest to you.
- Simplifies setup/admin of small LANs
- Offers better security than Workgroups
- Centralised useraccount management
- Clients can join/leave LAN without side-effects
- Flexible, scripted control over allocation of resources
Be the first to post a review of MyLogon!