Presto Metronome is free and can improve your speed and accuracy on any instrument. Presto has all of the typical things you would expect from a modern metronome, plus some excellent training tools.
The training tools include a Accelerando (Accel.) Trainer; which will gradually increment the start tempo to your goal tempo over a fixed length of time.
The Step Trainer is more like a hands free metronome. It bumps up the tempo by a specified number of steps at certain points until the goal tempo and duration are reached.
The Scale Trainer replaces the click with your choice of scale played in tempo on any instrument. It will play the scale up an down a specified number of octaves. Best of all the Scale Trainer works along with the other trainers; allowing you copy what you hear and play be ear.
Subdivision of the beat, triplets, a visual click, a mute button and a tap tempo function are all included as well.
159 instruments sounds supported.
- Tap Tempo
- Mute Button (toggle)
- From 10 bpm up to 500 bpm
- Choose your own click sound and pitch (from 159 instruments)
- Volume Slider
- Subdivision of the beat in eighths, sixteenths and triplets
- Accent every # of beats (toggle)
- Visual L.E.D. click (toggle)
- Alternate sounds for: main click, accented beats, scales and Alert Sounds
- An alert is sounded once the goal tempo is reached (toggle)
- Ability to stop or continue the metronome after a goal tempo is reached
- The Scale Trainer can span multiple octaves
- Three training modes to improve accuracy and speed (more in development)
- 21 scales/modes currently supported (more modes and scales to come)
- Change the tempo by as little as 0.01 BPM
- Great tool for guitar and piano players !
It works well. However, there is reverb on all the available sounds which, depending on the tempo, interferes with the beat. Also there are no keyboard commands for stopping or starting the beat. However, it has a lot of potential. I don't believe it is Applescript aware but it would be cool if it was. If there was information on how to substitute the samples the reverb problem could be easily circumvented. All in all I still use it.
very good project, thanks!
Great product musicstudent
small and efficient and gets the job done.