Low-latency, high-quality voice communication for gamers. Includes game linking, so voice from other players comes from the direction of their characters, and has echo cancellation so the sound from your loudspeakers won't be audible to other players.
- High quality, low latency Voice communication
- Efficient server software
- Free and Open Source - no hassle before or after setting up
- Powerful API through Ice middleware - for numerous programming languages
- Positional Audio in games - hear your teammates from the direction they stand in
- In-Application Overlay - see who is listening and talking in-game
Mumble/Murmur is a fabulous and high potential application with broad implications. However, for it to be useable in any mainstream application (e.g. at schools, business, etc) there must be a way to disable the public listings which contain offensive and inappropriate content. I'm hoping the developers will see this as an opportunity to widen the appeal of this otherwise quality app.
Just updated to the new version of mumble and every time i try to open it it crashed any solutions guys. Had 1.2.4 version and downloaded the new version but it keeps crashing, by the way I'm running this software on a mac
Our guild had switched to Mumble from Ventrilo and all of our problems went away. We are extremelly happy about the mumble. Also please ignore comment from jamesmaddison22 - it's a comment spam and also probably harmful.