MSPDebug is a free debugger for use with MSP430 MCUs. It supports FET430UIF, eZ430, RF2500 and Olimex MSP-JTAG-TINY programmers. It can be used as a proxy for gdb or as an independent debugger with support for programming, disassembly and reverse eng
- Works with RF2500, eZ430, FET430UIF and Olimex MSP-JTAG-TINY programmers.
- Can act as a GDB remote stub (replacement for msp430-gdbproxy).
- Can single-step, program, run to breakpoint and inspect memory on supported devices.
- Userspace only: no kernel modifications required.
- Supports Intel HEX, ELF32 and BSD symbol table file formats.
- Includes reverse-engineering features such as instruction search, call-graph analysis and symbol table editing.
- Simulation mode allows execution of MSP430 code without hardware.
- Can disassemble code in memory, including translating addresses to symbols.
- Can be used to access the FET430UIF bootloader.
Great tool for MSP430 programming both in Windows and in Linux.
You must have mspdebug while developing MSP430 code, especially on UNIXish OS.
Works like a charm, normal I use avrdude for AVR processors. And this is a equivalent for the MSP430 processors! Keep it up.