A tool to draw Message Sequence Charts for telecommunication applications from textual description. You can embed the charts in a document or presentation on Windows. There is a command-line version for linux, replacing mscgen.
- A rich syntax to describe arrows, boxes, comments and more.
- A rich set of fully customizable visual attributes - or just use pre-defined styles.
- Export in PNG, PDF, SVG, EMF and EPS formats.
- Full OLE support on Windows - double click an embedded chart to edit.
- Updated user interface, tracking mode, full screen and print support.
- Built-in editor with color syntax highlighting, smart-ident, auto-suggest and auto-complete.
- Doxygen, Sphinx, Msctexen integration via full compatibility with mscgen.
- Full international support with UTF-8 and Windows Unicode files.
This is a really great program. It is fairly easy to draw many different types of MSCs. There are lots of different types of symbols, arrows, lines, colors, etc. This tool can easily replace lots of manual "hand" drawing tools with all the benefits of handling pure text files. The documentation is also well written and detailed. The developer is also very responsive and open to questions and suggestions. I have researched a few of the text based MSC drawing tools and this one is the best by far.
Excellent MSC generation software I have found. It highly surpasses other software, both in easiness of use, flexibility and quality. Totally recommended for communications engineers and IT related developers/researchers. It is a must for documenting, and with it's easy language it sure saves a lot of time and gives excellent presentation to anyone's work. Thank you very much for this development.
Great product. Quite a complete textual language to describe diagram, and the UI does not leave room for many wishes.
good job msc-generator