This file includes only a short list of the changes between MPC-HC's versions.
For the older changes see:
1.6.6 - 17 March 2013
+ Formats: The space key can now be used to enable/disable formats
+ Miscellaneous: Add button to export key bindings
+ Add the ability to choose the scale factor (relative to the screen size) for
the auto-fit zoom
+ Internal Subtitles Renderer: Show all subtitles tracks in the Play -> Subtitles menu.
That includes all the embedded tracks exhibited by the source filter and the external tracks.
+ Add a new shader that over brightens with gradient from the bottom to the top of the screen.
It needs LCD monitors with low viewing angle (~170/160).
+ DVB: Remember audio and subtitle track selection.
+ Add an OSD reminder when Escape is pressed in D3D Fullscreen
+ Ticket #649, Add RARFileSource as an internal filter. Allows rar files without compression to
be played without unpacking them.
+ Ticket #899, DVB: Add signal statistic to the status bar
+ Ticket #1025/#1054, Add the ability to select the default track directly by its number
in MPC-HC and the standalone MPEG Splitter.
+ Ticket #2050, Add Romanian translation
+ Ticket #2905, Support DTS-HD and E-AC3 passthrough
+ Ticket #2935, Add support for sending "Now playing" information to Skype
* UI: Use a more native look and feel for the options dialog tree
* More resilient support for MPL2 and SRT subtitles formats:
- Ticket #2779, Support MicroDVD tags in MPL2 subtitles files. This is normally not
supported but MPL2 files that use MicroDVD tags for formatting are quite common.
- Support SRT files with missing millisecond part in the timecodes.
* Re-enable the option to bypass the DVD/BD path selection. The user won't be asked to choose
the location of the DVD/BD player (or folder) when this option is enabled.
* Changed default D3D Fullscreen hotkey to Ctrl+Alt+F
* Disabled Frame Time Correction hotkey by default
* DVB: Some filters that are known to be incompatible with the BDA source filters are now blacklisted
* External filters: Use two separated lists for x86 and x64 since x86 filters only work with MPC-HC x86
and vice versa
* Ticket #978, Apply the "Repeat" option after "Play next in the folder": the option will now take
effect after the next file in the folder was played (similarly to what happens for playlist items)
* Ticket #1620, UI: Use the new styled radio bullet for menu's items
* Ticket #2878, Removed obsolete MSN Messenger support
* Ticket #2924, Use the current file directory as default folder for the "Load Subtitles" dialog
* Ticket #2947, VSync is now disabled in the default renderer settings
* Updated FFmpeg (n0.8-19080-g2bac153)
* Updated Little CMS to v2.4 (git 4ba0259)
* Updated Logitech SDK to v3.01 (driver 8.00.100)
* Updated SoundTouch to v1.7.1 r170
* Updated VirtualDub to v1.10.4-test1
* Updated MediaInfoLib to v0.7.62
* Updated ZenLib to v0.4.28 r430
* Updated Basque, Catalan, Czech, German, French, Greek, Japanese, Polish, Russian,
Traditional and Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Swedish and Ukrainian translations
! Various WebUI fixes:
- Fix seeking
- Fix volume slider going out of bounds with IE in player.html
- Fix incorrect encoding of the parent directory's path in browser.html
! MPCVideoDecoder: Fix low merit internal filter
! MPCVideoDecoder: The "Read Aspect Ratio from stream" option didn't always work right
! DVB EPG: Some strings weren't correctly displayed in some cases
! PGS Subtitles: Some subtitles were displayed with wrong colors or even not displayed at all
! EVR-CP renderer: Fix some cases where VSync breaks smooth playback
! The external filters list was lost when switching from registry to ini or vice-versa
! Ticket #84, WebServer: The filenames weren't correctly URL decoded
! Ticket #593, Fixed EVR-CP using the CPU while the player is paused when VSync is on
! Ticket #890, DVB: Disable pause for capture mode to avoid accidental playback stop
! Ticket #1554, The OSD was looking bad when using the EVR Sync renderer
! Ticket #1600, Improve the naming of subtitles tracks (avoid showing a useless and ugly comma)
! Ticket #2396, DVB: Fix default audio track selection when its type is different than
the first audio track
! Ticket #2423, Fix wrong rounding leading to small black bars when resizing the window.
This was mostly visible when using the "auto-fit" zoom or when resizing manually.
! Ticket #2783, Fix crash when generating the chapter marks
! Ticket #2805, AviSplitter: Fix a crash when closing the file while re-indexing
! Ticket #2838, The window wasn't draggable anymore by clicking on the information panel
! Ticket #2839, Post-resize shaders didn't work with VMR-9 (renderless)
! Ticket #2855, The filename could be wrong when saving a screenshot or thumbnails
! Ticket #2859, FLACSource: Improve timestamps accuracy. This fixes some cases where the
end of the file wasn't played.
! Ticket #2863, The OSD was incorrect when restarting the playback of a file after it ended
! Ticket #2864, VobSub subtitles were auto-loaded twice
! Ticket #2881, "Auto-fit" and "Auto-fit (Larger Only)" zooms gave different results
depending on if they were used in windowed or fullscreen mode
! Ticket #2889, Fix incorrectly displayed OSD when using EVR and VRM-9 (windowed) renderers
! Ticket #2902, DVB: Some old channels weren't deleted when redoing the scan
! Ticket #2913, Fixed DXVA1 MPEG2 decoder
! Ticket #2931, DVB Subtitles: Fix a crash with some subtitles streams
! Ticket #2934, MPEG Splitter: Some files couldn't be opened
! Ticket #2939, Some fields of the renderer statistics were wrong
! Ticket #2971, Fix a rare crash on startup
! Ticket #2984, SSA subtitles: Fix outline background with \frx or \fry tags
! Ticket #2985, Prevent the volume OSD message from erasing the filename OSD message on startup