OpenMPT is a 'Win32' X86 based audio application used to produce music. The application was initially a private project developed by Olivier Lapicque and is a popular 'tracker' used by many musicians. For more info, see http://openmpt.org/
- Native and fast Windows GUI
- VST effects and VST instruments supported, low latency ASIO output
- Support for multiple sequences ("songs") in one file
- Support for custom tunings
- Suitable for live performances: Queue patterns, automate VST parameters using a MIDI keyboard, start and stop your modules with MIDI messages...
- Fully configurable keyboard layout
- True multiple document interface - open many modules at the same time and copy&paste between them!
- Many module formats supported
HAPPY 6th ANNIVERSARY for being open source on Sunday 24th Jan 2010 (a lot of us know you are a lot older) - heres to many more years of happy tracking!
I've been using MPT for *blink* a decade?! Wooof. And, fact is, when I wanted to splice a track together just now ... ayup ... it's MPT I reached for!
One of the most versatile and powerful Trackers available. Its ability to use VSTi Instruments as well as standard sample sets means this is far more than a standard music creation tool, and I use it often from click track creation to orchestration and full on song development. I also use it live to run my VSTi's giving me complete control over the music I create and play. An essential piece of kit in my book!
Excellent application. So easy and intuitive. Great results too
I'm newbie in music creation. but modplug is very help me. thanks
It simply works!