The mingw-w64 project is a complete runtime environment for gcc to support binaries native to Windows 64-bit and 32-bit operating systems.
- Compiler toolchain hosts natively
- Supports Native TLS Callbacks
- Supports Wide-Character Startup (-municode)
- Supports 32-bit and 64-bit Windows i386/x64
- Supports Multilib toolchains
- Supports bleeding edge gcc/binutils
I had issue with opening input file with the latest mingw-w64 v. 5.1.0. threads-posix sjlj. It gave me ... "Program received signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault - invalid memory reference. Backtrace for this error: #0 ffffffffffffffff " So, I went back to v.4.9.2 which works fine.
All I keep getting when I run ./configure is: configure: error: Please check if the mingw-w64 header set and the build/host op tion are set properly. configure: error: ./configure failed for mingw-w64-crt I also tried running it with --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32 Same results.
Very hard to install