MiModD is a software package for the analysis of next-generation sequencing (NGS) data with optimized usage of system resources and a user-friendly interface. For most model organism genomes it lets the user carry out a complete analysis from unaligned NGS read data to an annotated list of variants on a regular Desktop PC within a few hours. Its user-interface is beginner-friendly and designed to encourage geneticists to analyze NGS data themselves without the help of a trained bioinformatician.
- WGS analysis of model organism genomes on single PCs
- integration into an existing Galaxy installation with a single command
- example datasets for testing
- online tutorial and extensive documentation
- platform-specific bundled distributions (Ubuntu, MacOS) to run and test in a pre-configured Galaxy instance without installation
A very simple and straightforward set of programs that allows the analysis and identification of mutations from whole genome sequence (WGS) data derived from genetically tractable model organisms. The programs come with a well written set of tutorials, that provide step-by-step instructions and assumes only a basic knowledge of the command line. The author was very helpful in helping us install and use this package when we first began using it in to analyse our data.