Edits and plays MidiFiles.
MidiEditor is able to record from any MidiInput. To create sounds use any Mididevice on your computer.
MidiEditor can edit all parameters in MidiFiles and is able to edit/create tracks, channels and events in existing files or files created by the user.
- Edit, records and plays MidiFiles
- Uses MatrixView
- Is able to be connected to any MidiDevice on Linux / WIndows
- Tracks, channels and MidiEvents can be edited easily
- Version 2.0.0: the behaviour of the Editor playing the files has been improved.
- Version 2.5.0: colors in the widget can be chosen as the tracks or the channels color
- Version 2.5.0; the instrument for each channel can be selected in an easier way. (in the channel list or via menubar)
Very good on Ubuntu 12.4.
No problem downloading Windows binary. Simple to use, no frills. Great for quick edits or composition. I expect I will use it extensively with commercial software that does not provide as simple an interface.
Unable to rate it, because unable to get it. As release 2.0.0 is qualified as "stable", please provide a tarball with source files (not every people are familiar with SVN/CVS/Bazaar/Git/...). The website states "To download the sourcecode please visit the project page.", which redirects to the SF site for the project. And the only available download options available on the "Download" section is for a Windows EXE or a DEB (for Debian-like only Linux distros) package. If an RPM is not yet available, at least source files should be available. Or if you intend not make them available, please state it.