Micron aims to be a drop-in replacement for Vixie Cron, offering the same feature set with fewer security concerns and a smaller memory footprint.
- Small code and executable size - Currently the cron daemon executable is about half the size of Vixie-Cron. One of the goals of this program is to keep the daemon small as possible, while judiciously introducing new features. Currently, the stripped executable size for a typical build of this program is somewhere between 14 and 18 kilobytes on an x86 machine.
- A system crontab file for running system maintenance tasks.
- Crontab file syntax that is compatible with the original crontab file syntax.
- Full privilege de-escalation for any executed job; this eliminates any way of running code as root unless you have write-access to root's crontab.
- Way of selecting where job output should be saved possible targets are
Be the first to post a review of Micron Cron Daemon!