Meson Player is a very convenient music player if you don't need any flashy GUI to control playback or manage playlists. You just run it and then forget about it. The player is running in background. Switching tracks, volume control, loading and saving playlists, all of this performed by using hotkeys. Therefore, you can control the player while working in any application.
Meson Player supports a lot of music file formats (stream and tracker), Internet radio and playlists management.
Windows, Mac OS and Linux are supported.
- No GUI (except a tray popup menu, but you can hide the tray icon as well)
- Controlled by global hotkeys
- Lots of supported lossy/lossless/tracker music formats
- Can play Internet radio
- Supports CUE sheets and playlists
- Can control system audio volume
- A big variety of options allows to change the app's behavior and appearance
Great little player, really good sound and straightforward usability without any bloat. The only thing I wish it had is WASAPI support, but even through DirectSound it sounds great.
Nice and simple music player.
good project mesonplayer