To see a timeline of detail changes please visit:
- bugfixes reported in the bugs forum from beta1 and 2
- iso639-1 style language loading example: megaglest --use-language=zh and auto language detect on first launch
- new and updated translations (Greek, Japanese, Russian, Italian, Czech etc)
- Ability to toggle languages anywhere in the game using CTRL-L
- auto complete player names in chat mode using tab character
- New headless server mode allows dedicated servers to host games for network players (command line option --headless-server-mode)
- customized port # override via commandline (useful for multiple headless servers) example: megaglest --use-ports=x,y (x is internal port y is external port)
- new client 'admin' mode when the first client connects to a headless server he controls the game settings
- new commandline option to support standalone modes example: megaglest --load-mod=x (x is the path to the mod)
- new lua functions added (to be documented on the MG wiki)
- New attack boost system (currently used by Romans faction) which allows new types of in game unit effects.
- attack-boosts can be named and shared for proper re-use and singleton usage.
- Improved mod menu which always checks for updates for all mods now and more
- Modders can change intro, menus, faction AI behavior and many more things.
- lower CPU / RAM requirements in headless server mode
- improved rendering performance
- New font system and enhanced International language support (Chinese, Japanese, etc)
- New intro
- Enhanced AI plays smarter and responds more quickly
- New ability to enable in game team-switching for defecting to other teams in game
- Improved Megapack including better balanced Romans faction
- Added ability to 'pause' network games by press ESC in game to show a new popup-menu with in game options.
- Hosts can now set a title for their game for network games.
- Music fades in and out of game start/stop
- New low food warning indicators tells players when they are running out of food
- MacOSX support (thanks weltall)
- Players are no longer dropped in game lobby when toggling maps (player status may show as unassigned network node if they are ina slot that is not applicable to the selected map)
- Bugfixes for supported UPNP for auto router configuration when hosting games
- many more...