Maze War SVG is a web-based recreation of the Maze War game written for the Macintosh, circa 1987. That, in turn, was inspired by the first Maze War game, which was created in 1973 by Steve Colley, Howard Palmer and Greg Thompson.
- The server is a standard Java web application, supplied as a WAR file. (So, you’ll need a Java web application server, like Apache Tomcat, to host the game.)
- All players have different eye colors, so it's possible to recognize other players.
- Bots automatically ensure that there are always at least 10 players, to keep the game interesting.
- Play continues until someone reaches (or exceeds) 20 points. Everyone's scores are then displayed, and a new round starts one minute later.
- Bonus points awarded for killing campers.
- A new, random maze is generated for every round. Each maze has five teleport discs tucked-away in random cul-de-sacs.
Brings back fond memories.