Maxima is a fairly complete computer algebra system written in Common Lisp with an emphasis on symbolic computation. It is based on DOE-MACSYMA and licensed under the GPL. Its abilities include symbolic integration, 3D plotting, and an ODE solver.
- Specialized in symbolic operations but offering numerical capabilities too.
- Can be accessed programmatically and extended, as the underlying Lisp can be called from it.
- Complete programming language with ALGOL-like syntax but Lisp-like semantics.
- Arbitrary-precision integers.
- Rational numbers of sizes limited only by machine memory.
- Arbitrarily large floating-point numbers ("bfloats").
Please can we have a Windows Binary for 5.34.1 which runs on 64 bit machines. With the current one maxima.exe just halts with no explanation or anything. In other words it has some kind of bug in it.