version 1.0.4 (git tag v1.0.4rel)
* fix bug that caused Europe coastlines to disappear from some maps
(evident from nytolondon.py example).
* fix splitting of parallels in conic projections that cross the dateline
version 1.0.3 (git tag v1.0.3rel)
* fix some more python 3 compatibility issues (all examples now
work with python 3.2).
* added alpha keyword to fillcontinents (to set transparency).
* update geos from 3.3.1 to 3.3.3.
* upgrade proj4 source to version 4.8.0, pyproj to version 1.9.2.
* add k_0 keyword for projection = 'tmerc' so UTM zones can be
created. Also can be used with 'lcc','omerc' and 'stere'.
Added "utmtest.py" example.
* add streamplot method, along with streamplot_demo.py example.
* add boundarylats, boundarylons Basemap attributes (arrays
describing map boundaries - useful for illustrating map projection
region on another map). Example illustrating usage
* update coastlines, rivers, political boundaries to GSHHS
2.2.0/GMT 4.5.7. The fillcontinents bug (filling the outside
instead of the inside of a coastline polygon) is now much
harder to trigger.
* add 'round' keyword keyword to Basemap.__init__ for pole-centered
projections to make them round (clipped at boundinglat) instead
* added hexbin method, along with hexbin_demo.py example.
* drawmapboundary now uses axes bgcolor as default fill_color. If
no color fill wanted, set fill_color='none' (a string).
* clip coastlines for nplaea,npaeqd,splaea,spaeqd in stereographic
coordinates to avoid S. America disappearing in some south polar
* fix broken daynight terminator function.
* added kav7 (Kavrayskiy VII) and eck4 (Eckert IV) projections
* update pyproj source from pyproj.googlecode.com. Includes
new more robust and accurate pure python code for geodesic computations
* bug fixes for celestial projections, and non-standard sphere
* fix bug in drawparallels that results in 'KeyError' when drawing
parallels very close together (0.1 degrees).
* fix constant in Robinson projection (update PJ_robin.c
from proj4 svn).
* fix typo in setup.py (replace "!= ['sdist','clean']" with
"not in ['sdist','clean']").
* make sure drawmeridians can handle wrap-around (so that
if projection is defined in -180 to 0 and user asks for
meridians from 180 to 360 to be drawn, it should work).
Only affects projections 'mill','gall','merc' and 'cyl'.