This is a C# library which contains classes for working in memory with MARC records ( http://www.loc.gov/marc/ ). This allows records to be read from MarcXML and Marc21 formats. Once in memory any field or subfield can be edited, added, or deleted. Then the record can be queried or saved again in either a MarcXML or Marc21 file format.
In addition, version 1.1 includes Z39.50 capability and auto-translation from the most common MARC8 characters into Unicode.
- Ability to read MARC records into memory from a Marc21 or MarcXML file or stream
- Ability to manipulate the MARC record in memory
- Ability to save the record to a Marc21 or MarcXML file
- Z39.50 support for retrieving MARC records from Z39.50 servers by control number
- Auto-translation of the most common MARC8 combinatorial characters to unicode
There are no 3 star reviews.