1.2.0 - beta 4
:: Fix the mime.php due to a mistype
:: Fix geoip_update.php for a mistype
1.2.0 - Beta3
:: Fix for XSS issue
1.2.0 - Beta2
:: Fix for CentOS 6 not respecting issues with ./
1.2.0 - Beta1
:: Fixed db_clean.php to remove items correctly.
:: Add software version page
:: Added current user and system time table
:: Values from the MailScanner include directory are respected throughout the product
:: Added LDAP Support
:: Corrected issues for PHP5
:: New pagenation function that is cleaner and faster
:: Now using MDB2
:: HTML4.0 Strict
:: Changed the way the black and white list work
:: Code Cleaned up
:: Fixed viewpart.php to correct multitenancy issues
:: Fixed all pages that use nl2br to be more compatiable with older versions of php
:: Fixed geoip_update.php to use ./temp again and to clean up variables
:: Added IPv6 support to geoip_update.php
:: Fixed a syntax issue on rep_virus.php and quarantine_action.php
:: Add some checking to detail.php to see if the mtalog_ids are being used with postfix.
:: Permissions check on geoip_update.php were added to verify that it can download and untar the geoip Zip file.
:: Change geoip_update.php to use /tmp rather than the mailscanner temp folder.
:: Corrected permissions to only check to see if postfix has read permissions on the queue directories
:: Fixed all html for 4.01 transitional for prep to move to html5
:: Fixed page caching issue
:: Fixed an issue with the db_clean script
:: Navigation bar change
:: Fixed DB clean to clean the mtalog and mtalog_ids
:: Added better error reporting for the Reports page.
:: Fixed a table issue on reports.php
:: Changed geoip_update.php to curl for security and functionality
:: Changed login check to required for security reasons
:: Applied fix from Kia for id= on postfix_relay.php, mailscanner_relay.php, and sendmail_relay.php
:: Changed login.function.php to require_once from include.
:: Old bugs fixed
:: Removed dbclose() from login page since a DB call is never made BUG#3458400
:: Fixed issue where non-admin users could see the av status BUG#3457391
:: Fixed issue of get_mail_relay function not accepting IPv6 BUG#2775557
:: Fixed an issue where non admins could see Today's Totals system wide rather than for just there filter
:: Add drive space left for Admins
:: Added permissions check to Queue Status
:: Reports update
:: Time Zone variable added conf.php
:: MailScanner log and Mail log variables added to conf.php
:: reports updated to actually create the image
:: cache image clean up after 60 seconds
:: The reports now use the date format set in the conf.php
:: JPgraph fixed and update correctly
:: Geoip corrected
:: functions.php footer functions has been updated to remove depercated html functions
:: License and Copyright updated on all of the pages
:: pear DB updated
:: More files have been Documented
:: Code cleaned up
:: Cleaning up the code and fixing report bugs
:: Adding documentation to the code
:: Postfix relay support for the detailed page
:: Mcafee 6 support
:: SQLBlackWhitelist.pm to include per user filtering
:: Quarantine page updated to remove none numeric folder names
:: Code to close to the DB connection on everypage
:: Authenication fixed on everypage
:: Auditting will now pull the name of the username
:: db_clean interval updated with number of days to keep in conf.php
:: Split out install information for tools
:: Mailwatch can now monitor postfix
:: Mailscanner --lint form the Mailwatch
:: new jpgraph
:: updated xmlrpc
:: new auth verification
:: login page
:: Some code was streamlined
:: Better error reporting in MailWatch.pm (thanks to Paddy for this).
:: SECURITY UPDATE - updated XMLRPC libraries due to security vulnerability -
:: Bug fixes in the tools
:: MCP Support
:: User Management (create users GUI) with better filtering to allow per-user/per-domain support.
:: Audit logging
:: XML-RPC web services for running multiple MailScanner/MailWatch boxes with a single database allowing quarantine view/release from any front-end.
:: Enhanced reporting of MTA deliveries/rejections - the total mail by
date will report unkown user, RBL, unknown domain rejection (sendmail only).
:: Better query builder for reports - allows you to select the same row more than once to do things like (date >= yyyy-mm-dd AND date <= yyyy-mm-dd), you can also use MySQL functions by putting a '!' in front e.g. DATE is equal to !CURRENT_DATE() will always return today's date. You can also save common queries for reuse again.
:: Quarantine Report (similar to the Fortress Systems scripts except
generated using the MailWatch database and gives links to MailWatch to view/release.)
:: Integrated Blacklist/Whitelist - allow you to maintain per-user/per-domain/global blacklist/whitelists.
:: New MailWatch.pm to overcome newer DBI/DBD-MySQL problems present in the previous version (thanks for Walker Aumann for this).
:: GeoIP country lookups in message detail and reports.
:: **Lots** of fixes/updates
- Updated indexes for much greater performance (again!).
- Added preliminary support for per-user filters (see USER_FILTERS file).
- Added the ability to view quarantined items.
- All tables now enable a pager when returning more than 50 rows and allow
ordering by any of the displayed columns.
- New tool to run SpamAssassin --lint and time the output for debugging SA.
- New F-Secure status page (like Sophos).
- Required PEAR modules now included.
- Added reporting of Blacklisted mails.
- Integrated the reporting of SpamAssassin Blacklisted/Whitelisted e-mails.
- Quoted printable strings are now automatically decoded before display.
- Configuration options moved from functions.php into conf.php
- Automatically works out VIRUS_REGEX by using the first value in
MailScanner.conf - e.g. 'Virus Scanners = sophossavi clamavmodule' would
activate the regexp for SophosSAVI.
- New 'Virus Report' allows comparison of multiple scanners (if you run more
than one) and allows you to see 1st detection date/time of each virus by
- Integration with Fortress Systems Secure Mail Gateway.
- Multiple clean-ups of mailq.php to make it more robust.
- Greatly improved debugging of SQL statments.
- Quarantine now correctly looks in the non-spam quarantine directories.
- SA Rules Description Update now reads custom rules as well.
- sendmail_relay.php now works across log rotations.
- Increased memory_limit to 128M for quarantine functions.
- Changed index on maillog table for *much* greater performance.
- Fixed quarantine release where if message was large would cause PHP to
display a memory exhausted error.
- Fixed a bug in mailq.php that caused it not to work on earlier PHP versions.
- Updated rep_total_mail_by_date.php to include spam and virus percentage.
- Fixed a bug in MailWatch.pm when database ping fails and reconnection
- Added new config variable SA_PREFS which allow you to specify the location
of spam.assassin.prefs.conf if it isn't in the usual place.
- Changed MySQL 'INSERT DELAYED' statement in MailWatch.pm back to the
original 'INSERT' as this caused MailScanner to 'hang' with 99.9% CPU
occasionally (MySQL 3.2) on one of my systems - those who are running
MySQL >4 would probably be okay to change this back to 'INSERT DELAYED'
if you have a high-volume site and wish to spare a few MailScanner cycles.
- Exim reports the connecting MTA IP Address as ip.ip.ip.ip.port - updated
MailWatch.pm to strip off the port as necessary before insert to the DB.
- Changed the Message Detail page to display the IP Addresses of each MTA
recorded in the 'Received' headers and allow checks of each with OpenRBL.
- Added a new setting: DISTRIBUTED_SETUP which when set 'hides' any items
that do not work in a distributed environment (several servers recording
to one MailWatch database) - thanks to Stijn Jonker for this.
- Added a new tool for sendmail users (patches for other MTA's are welcome)
which watches the maillog for message relay information and records it to
a new table named 'relay' - this information is then displayed on the
Message Detail screen and shows the Date/Time, Relayed From, Relayed To and
Status of each relay that handled a message - thanks to Chris Campbell for
the idea (it *very* handy for Helpdesks).
- Added new quarantine settings - QUARANTINE_FROM_ADDR, QUARANTINE_SUBJECT
and QUARANTINE_MSG_BODY for a released quarantine message.
- Changed the SA-Learn option in the quarantine to be more verbose when an
error is returned.
- Added the display of Load Average to the page headers - this will work
automatically on any system that has /proc/load_avg available.
- Fixed the regex that picks out the SpamAssassin rules from the spam report
to be case-insensitive as this didn't work for some because of this.
- Fixed the display of the spam report if SpamAssasin timed-out when
processing a message (it was not displayed).
- Fixed msconfig.php to expand MailScanner.conf %var% - thanks to
Chris Maynard for the patch for this.
- Speeded up the display and order of data in quarantine.php.
- Message Listing report now uses a Google-style pager.
- Fixed SQL statement in Top Virus Report to speed it up slightly.
- Fixed the SQL ORDER BY on the Recent Messages page.
- Removed the display of the Message ID on the Recent Messages page to allow
more space for the other fields.
- Removed the display of Host (the host that processed the message) when not
running in DISTRIBUTED_SETUP mode to allow more space for the other fields.
- Changed the display colour of High Scoring spam on the Recent Messages page.
- New MailWatch.pm file that contains the MailWatch SQL Logging code.
- Changed the SQL Logging procedure names from SQLLogging to MailWatchLogging
to save confusion as to which versions people are using.
- Updated MailWatchLogging procedures to better handle MySQL death and
subsequent restart without needing to restart MailScanner.
- Message headers now displayed on the Message Detail page.
- OpenRBL lookup address fixed (OpenRBL had updated their site).
- Spam Action(s) displayed next to Spam/High Scoring Spam on the Message
- New 'Quarantine Manager' allows quarantined messages to be released to
recipient(s), deleted or learnt/unlearnt by SpamAssassin as Spam or Ham.
- Major speed-ups on page display.
- Added extra Virus regular expressions and modified the existing to drop
the requirement of 'Include Scanner Name in Reports' in MailScanner.conf.
- New Sendmail inbound/outbound queue display.
- Fixed the display of the 'Blocked Files' percentage in Today's Totals.
- Fixed the volume display in the reports to use the average over the
reporting period e.g. if you receive 500Mb of mail on average per day but
you occasionally spike at 1Gb - the reports will display the volume in Mb.
- Added new 'MySQL status' page to the 'Other' page.
- Fixed 'SpamAssassin Rule Hits' report not display any data under some
installations of MailScanner.
- New reports 'Top Mail Relays' and 'Top Sender Domains by Quantity/Volume'.
- Added 'hostname' the the list of available filters to allow people with
multiple scanners report only on a specific one.
- Renamed project to 'MailWatch for MailScanner' - thanks to Ryan Pitt
for the new name suggestion.
- Added FROMTO_MAXLEN and SUBJECT_MAXLEN constants to functions.php to
limit the size of the From, To and Subject fields on the 'Recent Messages'
- Added constant MAX_RESULTS to functions.php to change the results size
on the Recent Message screen and Message Listing report.
- Added STATUS_REFRESH constant to functions.php to change the default
refresh interval for the Recent Messages screen.
- Added a 'hostname' column, improved CustomConfig.pm with variables for
db host, username and password and added new documentation for running
the database on a seperate machine with multiple mailscanners logging
to it (see Remote_DB.txt).
- Fixed hardcoded database connection parameters in functions.php and
- Fixed INSTALL documentation typos and ommisions.
- Initial version