This project is a clone of MadEdit with a log of critical bug fix from me or other developers. I also added new features, such as Drag-Drop Edit(cross platform), Highlight word, etc.
The reason that I maintained this project is that the author of MadEdit had not worked on it for for a long time and I really like it and need more features.
If you have any patch for MadEdit, please send to me and I'll merge it into this project.
- Original features from MadEdit(Hex Edit, Column Edit, many encodings support, etc) with lots of bug fixes
- Drag&Drop Edit(Cross platform)
- Bookmark(From Gogo)
- Bookmark edit functions(Copy/Cut/Delete/Replace bookmarked lines)
- Bookmark if found
- Highlight word(shift+F8)
- Triple click to select whole line
- Search all in current file
- Delete all by using ReplaceAll with NULL
- Open files and go to #line by command line
- Embedded Python as Macro language for automation
- Insert incremental numbers
- Fully functional Hex edit
- Replace in all mode(Normal/Column/Hex) by paste according to insert mode
- Column Align
- Right click on file tab(Close all to the right/left/but this file)
- Spell Check/Suggestions, ignore list and personal dictionary
- Clear history while exiting
- Line function enhancement(Cut/Delete/Join/Delete empty)
- Revert Hex String to hex(Eg, from '4D6F64', '4D 6F 64', '%4D%6F%64', or '4D,6F,64' to 'Mod')
- Double click at a brace to select all between the brace pair(Delimiter selection)
- Up/Down to the line above/under the selection if selecting
- Auto fill column data according to rows selected while pasting in column mode, don't need to prepare lines any more
- Click on line number area to select one line or all(click with Control pressed)
- Click on bookmark area to toggle bookmark
- Print bookmark sign with content
- Context menu for Main Frame/Tool bars(Show/Hide one or all tool bars)
- Quick Search in ToolBar, F8 to show, Esc to hide, Enter to search next/previous according to your last operation. Immediately matching while inputting
- Purge history manually or automatically while exiting
Be the first to post a review of Madedit-Mod!