Allows control of fans in Apple computers in Windows and monitoring of temperatures. All Intel Macs supported + any conflicting programs are automatically closed and reopened. Project is no longer being actively developed. See forum for alternatives.
- Controls fans and monitors temperature sensors in Intel based Apple computers
- Does not require BootCamp drivers installed
- READ RELEASE NOTES FOR HOW TO USE!
- 64-bit and 32-bit compatible
- Tested on Vista x32 MBP
- If you have not used the command prompt before, look at the How do I use MacFan? thread in Open Discussion
Excellent job !!! Good try... I love this app. Bypassed me from many troubles... I had many BSODs (randomly) and I had no idea what was going on... My configuration is a system of an Apple iMac "Core i5" 2.66 27-Inch (Late 2009), with the following identifiers: Late 2009 - MB953LL/A - iMac11,1. - This is a known toaster sytem... I mostly operating this system under Bootcamp partition, wearing Windows 7, Ultimate - 64bit (many applications under Windows platform). I had NO FANS at all. Take a look at the temperatures I had before running MacFan: (Fan #0 (ODD) was running at 1010 rpm) << after MacFan 3000 (Fan #1 ( HDD) was running at 1095 rpm) !!! << after MacFan 4000 (Fan #2 (CPU) was running at 935 rpm.) !!! << after MacFan 2000 So, I fixed it with this wonderful app. Thanks again to the team of developers.
macfan is fast and stable
Love that its free
Easy to run macfan