Allows control of fans in Apple computers in Windows and monitoring of temperatures. All Intel Macs supported + any conflicting programs are automatically closed and reopened. Project is no longer being actively developed. See forum for alternatives.
- Controls fans and monitors temperature sensors in Intel based Apple computers
- Does not require BootCamp drivers installed
- READ RELEASE NOTES FOR HOW TO USE!
- 64-bit and 32-bit compatible
- Tested on Vista x32 MBP
- If you have not used the command prompt before, look at the How do I use MacFan? thread in Open Discussion
Works great on my uMBP Mid 2009 model. 2.4ghz 4 gigs ddr3 15" screen. Reads both my fans and I set it with cmd.exe in windows 7 x64 ultimate with no issues. This is way faster then rebooting to start up smc fan control. Especially after closing the clamshell to walk away from it for a while. Love the tool keep up the good work!
You've done an excellent job so far with this project and I can't wait for the temp control to be fully implemented.
Fast and simple.
Works fine on iMac 5,1 (20" late 2006) too