Mac OS X Transformation Pack. Macbuntu is an open-source program, designed to transform Linux’s appearance and layout into a Mac OS X environment. Although Macbuntu is dedicated to Ubuntu Linux OS, it could be used in other OS based on Debian/GTK
- Attention: Script significantly changes the desktop.
- Attention: Not compatible with Ubuntu Netbook Edition
- Attention: The Global Menu does not current work correctly for all applications. This is a known issue.
- Paw-OSX and Paw-Ubuntu Plymouth themes
- Macbuntu sound theme
- Macbuntu GTK theme based on GTK Leopard
- Macbuntu-Icons based on Mac4Lin and Faenza Icons
- Macbuntu-Cursors based on Shere Khan X
- Mac OS X backgrounds and fonts
- Compiz Extras, Global Menu, Docky, Ubuntu-Tweak
- Preconf for login screen, metacity, compiz, window theme, backgrounds, cursors, icons, docky and top panel
the best way is to use the hardware WE like, in my case a X220 Lenovo, great, fast, full of features, have endurance (not a lady´s hardware), with linux, and the great look of MAC OS.
Love that its free
I like it because it looks like a Mac, but is 100% Linux. It could problay fool Mac users. I realy like it. The only problum I have is that Unity is default. I recomend that the devlopers try to use cinnamon or Mate as they would look better. I would love to try more in the future and I am looking forward for the next release.
Simple to use.
It is just perfect!