Mac OS X Transformation Pack. Macbuntu is an open-source program, designed to transform Linux’s appearance and layout into a Mac OS X environment. Although Macbuntu is dedicated to Ubuntu Linux OS, it could be used in other OS based on Debian/GTK
- Attention: Script significantly changes the desktop.
- Attention: Not compatible with Ubuntu Netbook Edition
- Attention: The Global Menu does not current work correctly for all applications. This is a known issue.
- Paw-OSX and Paw-Ubuntu Plymouth themes
- Macbuntu sound theme
- Macbuntu GTK theme based on GTK Leopard
- Macbuntu-Icons based on Mac4Lin and Faenza Icons
- Macbuntu-Cursors based on Shere Khan X
- Mac OS X backgrounds and fonts
- Compiz Extras, Global Menu, Docky, Ubuntu-Tweak
- Preconf for login screen, metacity, compiz, window theme, backgrounds, cursors, icons, docky and top panel
is it compatible with ubuntu 14.4 lts i installed the program but the only thing changes the docky started. and no other changes were made. what is the solution please?
the best way is to use the hardware WE like, in my case a X220 Lenovo, great, fast, full of features, have endurance (not a lady´s hardware), with linux, and the great look of MAC OS.
Love that its free
I like it because it looks like a Mac, but is 100% Linux. It could problay fool Mac users. I realy like it. The only problum I have is that Unity is default. I recomend that the devlopers try to use cinnamon or Mate as they would look better. I would love to try more in the future and I am looking forward for the next release.
Simple to use.