LxPup is a version of Puppy Linux using the LXDE desktop environment and is an updated “descendent” of loukitchou’s LxPup13.01.
LxPup offers the Openbox window manager, LxPanelX (a fork of LxPanel) panel manager and PCManFM file manager.
Optional enhancements to the desktop are available via the Options button on the Change Appearance menu item.
There are various "flavours" (currently 4+ *) of LxPup built as derivatives of official Puppy Linux builds thereby offering different kernels and access to the software repositories of the base Puppy.
LxPup combines all the significant advantages of Puppy Linux - small iso size, extensive hardware support, wide range of applications built-in, live cd and frugal installs, friendly supportive user forum etc etc, with the lightweight but modern LXDE desktop environment.
* There are 2 flavours (pae and non-pae) with Slackware14.1 compatibility, 2 Ubuntu Tahr + 1 Ubuntu Precise Retro flavours
- Compact iso download
- Full range of applications
- Many ways to install - frugal, full, usb, cd etc.
- Wide hardware support
- Choice of kernels and repository compatibility
- Puppy Linux with the LXDE desktop
- Friendly and supportive user forum
There are no 4 star reviews.