This specialist engineering app is designed as an educational tool for university students - but also has practical applications for anyone in structural engineering. A video tutoprial guides you through the full functionality of this app which, once downloaded, forms a self-contained package packed with useful engineering applications. Wherever you are - even out in the field - LUCID/mercury lets you explore and analyse an array of structural engineering problems.
At its core is the ability to import, view, edit solve and post-process simple models. These models are either pre-designed or you can even import your own based on industry standard file formats. You can also create a layout fior a structure based on a preliminary design, as well as performing section property calculations and laminate stuiffness analaysis - all with visual and data outputs.
Able to read industry standard NASTRAN files, the app benefits from powerful graphics which allow you to fully rotate and enlarg
- Linear static FE analysis
- Normal modes analysis
- Mesh lines, rectangles, quadrilaterals, cylinders, geodetic tubes
- Plot contours and displacements then animate
- Read NASTRAN bulk data and F06 files
- Create nodes from photos
- Calculate bar cross-sectional properties
- Calculate laminate ABD stiffness matrices
- Topological optimisation
- Comes with example files and support website
Be the first to post a review of LUCID/iron!