Lightweight, fast, Java-centric Lua interpreter written for JME and JSE, with string, table, package, math, io, os, debug, coroutine & luajava libraries, JSR-223 bindings, all metatags, weak tables and unique direct lua-to-java-bytecode compiling.
- Lua interpreter written in Java
- Support for 5.2 language spec, libraries
- Runs in JSE, JME or via JSR-223 pluggable scripting
- Fast execution - faster than C for some benchmarks
- Direct lua to Java bytecode compiling
- Yield-from-anywhere throughtout
- luajava API support
- Debug support including mixed Java/lua debugging
very easy to use and incredibly fast.
It's great, but it doesn't support newproxy()... (look up Lua hidden features)
Great project. The included luajava library is compatible with Android.
Luaj works wonderful.
no trouble to install and run, works nicely.