Lightweight, fast, Java-centric Lua interpreter written for JME and JSE, with string, table, package, math, io, os, debug, coroutine & luajava libraries, JSR-223 bindings, all metatags, weak tables and unique direct lua-to-java-bytecode compiling.
- Lua interpreter written in Java
- Support for 5.2 language spec, libraries
- Runs in JSE, JME or via JSR-223 pluggable scripting
- Fast execution - faster than C for some benchmarks
- Direct lua to Java bytecode compiling
- Yield-from-anywhere throughtout
- luajava API support
- Debug support including mixed Java/lua debugging
Luaj is a pleasure to use. I particularly appreciate Luaj still working on older JDKs because there's still some environments using older JDKs.
great library. handles all the lua code in en.wikipedia.org and other WMF wikis. is also much faster than the standard lua binary. documentation makes it easy to use and customize.
very easy to use and incredibly fast.
It's great, but it doesn't support newproxy()... (look up Lua hidden features)
Great project. The included luajava library is compatible with Android.