Makes using log frameworks as painless as printing to stdout by adding intentions, live templates and code inspections that support most aspects of the configured log framework. On top of this log IDs and reviews can be generated in addition.
- Simplifies the usage of Java log frameworks
- Supports possibly any Java log framework
- Supports log ID generation
- Supports log review document creation
- Can be obtained through the plugin manager built-into the IDE
Log Support is a rather awesome IntelliJ IDEA plugin that simplifies usage of the various Java logging frameworks. The live code templates and abbreviations it adds are quite useful, especially when using logging frameworks that don't support parameterised logging messages (e.g., JUL, Commons Logging, Log4j 1.2) and frameworks that don't support markers (i.e., anything other than SLF4J and Log4j 2 so far). Being able to type "logd" followed by tab is quite a nice shortcut for debug logging! The support for fine-grained logging control and preferences is rather useful.