Checking log files is a mandatory task all UNIX professionals must undertake at one point or another. logrobot checks logs, analyzes, graphs and alerts on system logs, application logs, database logs, custom logs, any log file.
Log Monitoring Benefits:
-Checks log files for errors or user specified patterns
-Tail logs in time frames rather than tailing random log lines
-Monitors & sends out alert notifications on logs
-No complicated installations
-Has no dependencies at all
When run without arguments, logrobot displays direct instructions on usage.
Log Monitoring Purpose:
-Check log files for specific content/errors
-Show the offending log entries in the alerts generated on a log file
-Show latest size of a log file at the time of the most recent log check
-Show total entries written to log file in the most recent check
NOTE: While this log monitoring tool is FREE, it has limited capabilities. For the advanced fully-featured version, visit www.logrobot.com.
- Monitor Log Content - (FREE - check for patterns in logs, when found, show in alert)
- Directory File Count Monitor - (premium log monitoring feature)
- Monitor Growth of Logs - (premium log monitoring feature)
- Monitor Size of Log Files - (premium log monitoring feature)
- Monitor Directories - (premium log monitoring feature)
- Monitor Multiple logs at once - (premium log monitoring feature)
- Log File Analysis - (premium - premium log monitoring feature)
- Monitor and Graph logs - (premium - graph log file metrics automatically)
- Check Logs Remotely with a Remote Agent - (premium log monitoring feature)
- Monitor logs / log files - Get email notifications
Be the first to post a review of Log Monitoring - Monitor/Check Log Files!