LMMS is a free cross-platform software which allows you to produce music with your computer. This covers creating melodies and beats, synthesizing and mixing sounds and arranging samples. You can have fun with your MIDI keyboard and much more – all in a user-friendly and modern interface. Furthermore LMMS comes with many ready-to-use instrument and effect plugins, presets and samples.
- Song-Editor for composing songs
- Beat+Bassline-Editor for creating beats and basslines
- Easy-to-use Piano-Roll for editing patterns and melodies
- FX mixer with 64 FX channels and arbitrary number of effects allow unlimited mixing possibilities
- Many powerful instrument and effect plugins out of the bo
- Full user-defined track-based automation and computer-controlled automation sources
- Compatible with many standards such as SoundFont2, VST(i), LADSPA, GUS Patches, and MIDI
Reviewing 1.0.0: After several experiments I found ways to circumvent too much noise in a side chained signal. But I will investigate with Audacity & Co a bit more intensive to find a reason for the existence of that crackling. For the rest... well, mostly at least it seem to work smoothly and reliable. But there is still a huge deficit - worse luck. That is too less possibilities for routing signals from track to tack (for example to create busses or 'folders'