LMMS is a free cross-platform software which allows you to produce music with your computer. This covers creating melodies and beats, synthesizing and mixing sounds and arranging samples. You can have fun with your MIDI keyboard and much more – all in a user-friendly and modern interface. Furthermore LMMS comes with many ready-to-use instrument and effect plugins, presets and samples.
- Song-Editor for composing songs
- Beat+Bassline-Editor for creating beats and basslines
- Easy-to-use Piano-Roll for editing patterns and melodies
- FX mixer with 64 FX channels and arbitrary number of effects allow unlimited mixing possibilities
- Many powerful instrument and effect plugins out of the bo
- Full user-defined track-based automation and computer-controlled automation sources
- Compatible with many standards such as SoundFont2, VST(i), LADSPA, GUS Patches, and MIDI
Impossible to work with, sorry.
I love LMMS. I've been using it for a while now. Currently, there are still some bugs, but the community has really come alive and started to get things ironed out. If you're willing to spend some time with it, then you can really make some great music. The community is great. You can get plugged in on Facebook or SoundCloud really fast and get helpful feedback from others. It's awesome. You gotta try it! :-) - Red Ambassador
Hard at first, but when you've learnt the basics and have good ideas, it's fantastic! I've been using LMMS for 2 years now and I only can say: the BEST free DAW you can get!
LMMS is powerful for what it is - a free software developed as a hobby. One can not simply compare LMMS to commercial grade DAWs because it is completely free. Also, I might add that while others here have stated bugs, those bugs are also not persistent across OS's and PC builds. I use x64 Win7 and have never had any problems with it at all, aside from Vestige and Zyn not recording midi in 4.15.
Powerful but not amazingly intuitive. Also no MIDI export!? To start, watch a video tutorial then, after getting the basics, check-out the keyboard shortcuts wiki to speed up use! (It really needs to highlight these accelerator keys in tooltips!) No URLs allowed here but keyboard shortcuts wiki for version 0.4 is under "0.4:Key_Mappings". HTH!