LiVES is a Video Editing System. It is designed to be simple to use, yet powerful. It is small in size, yet it has many advanced features.
LiVES mixes realtime video performance and non-linear editing in one professional quality application. It will let you start editing and making video right away, without having to worry about formats, frame sizes, or framerates. It is a very flexible tool which is used by both professional VJ's and video editors - mix and switch clips from the keyboard, use dozens of realtime effects, trim and edit your clips in the clip editor, and bring them together using the multitrack timeline. You can even record your performance in real time, and then edit it further or render it straight away.
For the more technically minded, the application is frame and sample accurate, and it can be controlled remotely or scripted for use as a video server. And it supports all of the latest free standards.
- Frame and sample accurate editing
- Edit video in realtime or non-realtime
- Works with almost any type of video
- Fully extendable through plugins
- Can be controlled via keyboard, joystick, MIDI or remote network
- Integration with pulse audio and jack audio
- Dozens of video effects, both rendered and realtime
- Compatible with LADSPA audio effects
- Instant previews
- Unlimited video and audio tracks in multitrack mode
- Encoding to over 50 different video types
- Ultra fast save/restore for projects in progress
- Full crash recovery
Amazing tool. Found it very useful and very helpful.
Best tool for video editing. Try it and love it.
It works. It supports pretty much everything you can think of. It doesn't crash in the hands of a casual use
Perfect open source project! 10x!
The whole thing configures successfully, compiles without a single error, and installs