A Java application that can fix/repair playlists by searching a media library for lost, missing, & renamed files. Supports absolute & relative references, UTF-8, UNC paths, and URLs. Removes duplicates, sorts and randomizes lists, and much more!
- Fixes and repairs broken playlists, one at a time or in batch
- Finds files that were moved or renamed
- UTF-8, UNC, and URL support
- General playlist manipulation
- Launches your native audio playback application
- Batch Repair Winamp Media Library Playlists
- M3U/M3U8/PLS/WPL support
One of the magical programs that does what it does, perfectly! Saved me hours of manually editing playlists when I moved them from one computer to a portable drive. The author was happy to help me sort out one issue that was my fault...his friendly email was most helpful. The help file could be tweaked but overall a great programme!
I've had listFix now for several years now, I've tried other programs before i found listFix and they all sucked. This is the BEST little program you can ever ask for and i'll never use any other.
This nifty program picks up on the missing function that plagues media players...automagically fixing up playlist entries when media files are relocated. It does a brilliant job at it and even goes on to provide suggestions if the file name has been changed too...listFix() has helped me a countless number of times. Thanks for this priceless tool.
I had some serious trouble importing a bunch of old playlists into Banshee. Apparently the whole program crashes if there is a missing entry. THANKS TO listfix() I was able to fix my corrupted playlists. Thanks a lot for all the effort you guys have put in! A little remark though. When starting the program for the first time it complained about that there was no media directory set and crashed right away. When I started the program from the terminal I got another message: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/<username>/.listFix()/position.ini (No such file or directory) . After I did: touch ~/.listFix()/position.ini everything worked and I was able to use the program.
A total lifesaver. Thanks for making this project.