This is a fully integrated framework for building and deploying service-based networks (SOA or Cloud). Communication includes XML-RPC, HTTP and Web Services. Other integrated features include service protection, metadata/query, autonomous, agent-based, self-organising.
Special to the system are its AI and text-processing features. In particular, there is a fully integrated Autonomic Manager with a MAPE control loop and a BPEL-style script and execution engine. Advanced programming and configuration is required to use it. Sub-packages include text or query processing and a problem solver provides a range of AI algorithms. These can also be used separately of the whole framework.
A free All-in-One GUI allows you to manage services and function, and add your own modules. Example Apps are included. The open source p2p server can be extended and requires only the HTTP address and optional passwords. Small jar sizes (server <2M and Java J2SE (1.5+) compatible, GUI <2.5M).
- The capability to build distributed networks of (autonomic) service-based components.
- Java-based or Web-based clients.
- Local or remote communication capabilities, including an XML-RPC message passing mechanism, Web Services (SOAP or RESTful), or HTTP request.
- All-in-one GUI for viewing or testing your networks. Not open source, but provided free for personal use, with a set of free services.
- Framework for adding an Autonomic Manager and policy scripts to a service.
- Framework for adding metadata, with default query and script execution engines.
- Permanent and dynamic linking mechanisms, to construct network architectures.
- Service wrapper classes allowing legacy code to be loaded.
- Problem-solving framework, allowing for the addition of more complex heuristic search processes.
- Java J2SE 1.5+ compatible.
There are no 4 star reviews.