THIS PROJECT HAS MOVED AND CAN BE FOUND HERE: http://libtheoraplayer.googlecode.com
A multi-threaded C++ library that plays video files supporting multiple codecs across platforms.
Easy to use, fast, responsive, abstract interface and minimal dependencies, you'll soon be wondering how you lived without it! ;)
Audio and Video interfaces are completely abstracted so the library can be used anywhere, regardless of what you use to display video frames and play audio samples (eg. OpenGL / OpenAL, Direct3D / DirectSound, SDL / SDL_mixer, X11 / alsa ...)
The library can pre-cache video frames and decoded audio samples for maximum efficiency and smooth playback, even on single-cpu systems.
Currently, the library supports Theora On Windows, Mac, Linux and iOS and H.264 on Mac and iOS.
WebM, Android, Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 support is planned.
- Asynchronous video decoding in one or more threads
- Super fast YUV -> RGB conversion
- Fully supports audio output and A/V syncronization
- Fully operational, accurate and fast stream seeking (frame precise!)
- Plaftorm and display system independent
- Efficiently decoding multiple videos at the same time
- Plays HD videos smoothly on pretty old hardware
There are no 3 star reviews.