A comprehensive, professional-quality productivity suite
LibreOffice is the power-packed free, libre and open source personal productivity suite for Windows, Macintosh and GNU/Linux, that gives you six feature-rich applications for all your document production and data processing needs: Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw, Math and Base. Support and documentation is free from our large, dedicated community of users, contributors and developers. You, too, can get involved!
- Includes Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw, Base, Math, and a PDF file creator
- Available in over 30 languages with more being added continually
- Simple-to-use yet powerful interface that is easy to personalize
- Compatible with all major competitors' file formats, easily import and export
- LibreOffice is supported by worldwide community
- Stable and functional product with roots going back 20 years and testing done by thousands of users and security experts
Perfect open source office with all functionality.
LibreOffice is the only and best option to MS Office that costs no money. It is continuously being improved by a large community driven development team. This solid office suite has a writer that can handle all current document formats, including .DOC and .DOCX Besides a writer it has a strong presentation program, a database program, Excel-like program that can also handle XLS and XLSX files, and a drawing program. I can strongly recommend LibreOffice to anyone.
Libre office not open file doc 97-2003 xml document.
fun until u relize it crashes all the time, have a pretty nice windows 7 pc that could easily run 8, so i dont get y it crashes like it does. i do have a theory that theres lil to no quility control for the updates they come out to fast for it to not at least have a lil to do with it. i will say the intereface is way better (than openoffice) and it seems all around better so hope i can change my opinion on this project.
Can someone tell me in which part of the source code, does the conversion from docx and odt to text file takes place ( save as text ) ? I need to know how the conversion occurs. Thanks