This library implements the serial commands supported by the Celestron
NexStar hand control. This applies to the NexStar GPS, NexStar GPS-SA,
NexStar iSeries, NexStar SE Series, NexStar GT, CPC, SLT, Advanced-VX,
Advanced-GT, and CGE mounts.
Communication to the hand control is 9600 bits/sec, no parity and one
stop bit via the RS-232 port on the base of the hand control.
To control network based telescopes nexbridge must be used on the remote site.
- Can control network exported mounts with nexbridge
- All published NexStar commands are supported
- Some AUX commands are supported since v.0.08
- Record / Play PEC data
- Download / uplod PEC data from/to the mount
- Set / Get mount backlash settings
- Set / Get autoguide rate
- Both Equatorial and Alt/Az mounts are supported
- Works with Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD, Solaris
I have never used this library as an API, but I use it as an extension to the Lin-guider as a guiding device and with openpectool to download and upload periodic error data. It works perfectly with my CGEM.
Very useful and easy in use backend for non-windows developers. Keep on your good work.