libjpeg-turbo is a derivative of libjpeg that uses MMX, SSE, SSE2, and NEON SIMD instructions to accelerate baseline JPEG compression/decompression by about 2-4x on x86, x86-64, and ARM platforms. It is based on libjpeg/SIMD but has numerous enhancements.
- 2-4x as fast as libjpeg on x86, x86-64, and ARM platforms
- 32-bit and 64-bit binaries provided for popular Linux distributions, Windows, OS X, and iOS
- Can be used in both GPL and proprietary applications
- Provides the industry-standard libjpeg API/ABI (can emulate libjpeg v6b, v7, or v8)
- Provides the TurboJPEG API used by VirtualGL and TurboVNC
- Similar performance to commercial/closed source accelerated JPEG codecs
- Full-featured Java wrapper
Thanks for updates ;)
Libjpeg-turbo works wonderful.
Great software, thanks libjpeg-turbo
great program libjpeg-turbo, thanks.
The best OF the BesT