libjpeg-turbo is a derivative of libjpeg that uses MMX, SSE, SSE2, and NEON SIMD instructions to accelerate baseline JPEG compression/decompression by about 2-4x on x86, x86-64, and ARM platforms. It is based on libjpeg/SIMD but has numerous enhancements.
- 2-4x as fast as libjpeg on x86, x86-64, and ARM platforms
- 32-bit and 64-bit binaries provided for popular Linux distributions, Windows, OS X, and iOS
- Can be used in both GPL and proprietary applications
- Provides the industry-standard libjpeg API/ABI (can emulate libjpeg v6b, v7, or v8)
- Provides the TurboJPEG API used by VirtualGL and TurboVNC
- Similar performance to commercial/closed source accelerated JPEG codecs
- Full-featured Java wrapper
libjpeg-turbo is fast and easy to use
Real good! The best for free!
great software! :)
I'm using this library in concert with an open source project PhotoScrollerNetwork that allows large images to be downloaded and quickly rendered on iOS devices. That project would hardly have legs were it not for this library. In addition, its working flawlessly!