The libdvdetect library provides fast lookup of DVDs, similar to existing services for CDs like Gracenote, freeDB or MusicBrainz.
The DVD Detection Library (libdvdetect) is a library to lookup DVDs in a database and provide information about e.g. title, UPC/EAN or even cover arts. It is OS-independent and compiles for Windows or Unix operating systems. Mac support is also planned.
What the library does not provide is DVD ripping and decryption. It reads the structure (e.g. titles and chapters) and generates a special checksum to look up the database.
More details at http://www.dvdetect.de. The database can also be searched using a web browser at http://search.dvdetect.de/.
For those who are curious I suggest downloading the binaries from https://sourceforge.net/projects/libdvdetect/files/binaries/ to try it out (windows only).
This is a beta version. Please check http://www.dvdetect.de/13/ for news updates.
- Lookup DVD in drive
- Search by keywords, title etc. (not in this pre-alpha! Will be added with V0.30)
- Written in C++
- Exposes all functionality through both a C and C++ API
- Can be used from C or C++ code
- Windows DLL versions can be used from C# etc.
- Unix (SuSE, Debian)/Windows
- Uses http interface on server side, accessible through proxy
- Protocol XML based
Be the first to post a review of libdvdetect DVD Online Database!