EQUIPMENT LOANING SYSTEM
The LendIT system lets you easily manage the loaning out of equipment to people.
* Web Based system (PHP/MYSQL).
* Status of each item is colour coded in green, amber and red to easily identify overdue items.
* Status page view can be viewed in standard or verbose view to list more items on the screen.
* Loan period of items is fully customisable.
* Can generate reports for item or on an individual.
* Supports multiple loan groups (I.E. one for staff and another for students).
* Supports most types of USB barcode readers (must output as keystrokes to the computer).
* Creates printable list of staff with a barcode for quick scanning of staff that forget ID cards.
Easy to use once you get it working. I found the install quite easy on Linux, but moving it over to a windows server, I received the same errors some others have posted about, "unexpected end" errors. This is a configuration issue with XAMPP/Apache and not the script itself, it seems the windows version defaults are different than in Linux. To correct this, edit your php.ini and uncomment the line short_open_tag=On (remove the semi-colon). Restart apache and it should work for you. A reservation feature would be a nice addition to this.
I'd love to use this software but just can't get it running. Apache gives "unexpected end" errors. No support or FAQ to help resolve the problem so no-go for this one.
very good project, thanks!