Leges Physicae is an 'idea' for an online physics simulator presented as an expanding 3D game metaverse. It would be programed as an extensible, modular platform for socially driven collaborative designing and simulation online. With development the aim is to simulate aircraft, vehicles, boats spaceships, solar systems, economies, clothes and characters in a persistent user driven universe.
Fully developed it should be able to simulate the dynamics of flight, the mechanics vehicles, the buoyancy of ships, and the gravity for spaceships in a large 3D system. The the plan is to use the OGRE graphics engine with Bullet Physics along with a slew of abstraction layers and modern programing methods to build a realistic and enjoyable simulator. If you are interested in helping make this project a reality contact us, we are in need a variety of skills to establish and publicize this project. For more information about the plan check out the website but for updated information
- Through hybrid gameplay, intends to be fun and rewarding for fans of simulators, action, strategy, and roleplaying games
- Intends to be a persistent, extendable and easily upgradeable meta-verse through modular, and generic design
- Would feature a collaborative 'Computer Assisted Design' suite for casual ingame developers to add accuratly constructed and simulated objects
- Would deliver stable preformance using dynamic precision ramping in physics simulations, baised on available computer resourses.
- Would feature Load On Demand, and progressively loading imposters of various detail levels, downloaded acording to network resourses.
- Would use hardpoints infused as components in models to regulate the use of Pheudo-Science for futuristic functions in simulated objects.
- Intends to be imdefinitly extendable by being easily upgradeable and not specific to current hardware preformance
- To be programed to accommodate the nature of relativity where everything operates from it's own perspective.
- To be coded to be future proof by extensive resource managment and detail ramping to utilize unpredicable advances in computer technology.