These are the release notes for LCDproc v0.5.5, the new stable
version of LCDproc.
This release includes some bug fixes as well as several updated drivers.
See below for a brief list or the file ChangeLog for a more comprehensive
The CFontz633 driver has been deprecated and will output a warning about
this on start-up. It will be removed after this release. Please use the
CFontzPacket driver instead (setting Model=633 in LCDd.conf).
The t6963 driver's 'Size' option in LCDd.conf now has to be configured in
pixels instead of characters.
SHA1 (lcdproc-0.5.5.tar.gz) = 17547391b2bf9b61fd9f7dac74782e1cebdf34be
- If vBars are used together with ICON_BLOCK_FILLED on the same screen
and that icon is implemented as a custom char, it sometimes is replaced
with a non full block from the vBar.
- On Solaris the mtc_s16209x driver fails to compile. Configure LCDproc
to exclude this driver.
- The server config file LCDd.conf is not installed if 'make
install-server' is used to install only the server without the clients.
- On recent Linux distributions which use RPM style init scripts the script
init-LCDd.rpm hangs because it incorrectly references a pid file that is
not created. Workaround: Remove the line '# pidfile: /var/run/LCDd.pid'.
- Something removed
+ Something added
* Something changed / fixed
+ New common 5x8 font for t6963, sed1520, mdm166a and i2500vfd drivers
* CFontz: Fix display of bars
+ sed1330: Add support for HG25504
* sed1520: Make it work with 68-family style interface
* picolcd: Add OffBrightness, more icons and fix bignum
* SureElec: Change port initialization (SF 3212891)
* imonlcd: Fix spinning of disc icon
+ imon: Add bignum support
* New (possibly faster) screen update algorithm
* hd44780-imon: Add charmap for NEC uPD16314 and make it configurable
* hd44780-ethlcd: fix LCDd hang up on network error (it exits now)
* pyramid: Fix several problems making it more reliable
* CFontzPacket: Use cellwidth = 5 on CFA-631 and CFA-635
* t6963: Rewrite this driver fixing several problems
* Fix xosd detection
* enable-extra-charmaps adds language specific charmaps (currently
* Fix a single dot appearing on line 5 of the D screen
* Make the iface screen more readable on 2x16 displays
Server core (LCDd)
+ Add an option to start LCDd with screen rotation disabled
* Update LCDd.conf to be better understood by Config::Model