These are the release notes for LCDproc v0.5.4, the new stable version of LCDproc.
This release includes a lot of bug fixes as well as several new and updated
drivers. See below for a brief list or the file ChangeLog for a more
The CFontz633 driver has been deprecated and will output a warning about
this on start-up. It will be removed after this release. Please use the
CFontzPacket driver instead (setting Model=633 in LCDd.conf).
SHA1 (lcdproc-0.5.4.tar.gz) = dd20ecbc991f11f9b3fa5526bec2ac8b7081be5f
- If vBars are used together with ICON_BLOCK_FILLED on the same screen and
that icon is implemented as a custom char, it sometimes is replaced with
a non full block from the vBar.
- On Solaris the mtc_s16209x driver fails to compile. Configure LCDproc to
exclude this driver.
- The server config file LCDd.conf is not installed if 'make install-server'
is used to install only the server without the clients.
- The svga drivers fails to install. If you have svgalib installed but don't
use this driver, configure LCDproc to exclude this driver.
- Something removed
+ Something added
* Something changed / fixed
+ MDM166A for Futaba/Targa USB VFD
+ SureElec for devices made by SURE Electronics
+ hd44780 new connection type: usbtiny
* Make all drivers using parallel port fail if they cannot get IO permission
* Increase portability for several drivers
+ Add KOI8-R character mapping
+ Add a 'none' charmap which does not replace any character
* hd44780-lcd2usb: improve performance
* hd44780-4bit: Fix bug not checking for keypad rows 7-10 correctly
* Fix backlight flickering if keypad is enabled
* CFontz633: This driver has been deprecated. Use CFontzPacket with Model=633
+ Add CFA-533
* Use HD44780 character mapping for CFA533/633
* Use block character for icon
* Fix RC-5 for picoLCD 20x2
+ Use module output function to control key LEDs
* shuttleVFD: Add support for devices with USB VendorID 0x1308 again
* imonlcd: Fix possible lock-up in output (icon) function
* pyramid: Fix setting of LEDs and correct escaping and icons
* Fix deselecting of drivers
Server core (LCDd)
* New network input buffering
- Remove native win32 support.